Step 1: Get Pre-qualified from your Lender of choice.
Nothing frustrates you more than finding and falling in love with the ‘Perfect Home’, only to find out you can’t quite afford it.
Step 2: Get familiar with the area via any means available.
Determine ahead of time:
- What areas you would be comfortable living in.
- Do I need to be close to work?
- Do I want to live in a sub-division?
- What home features are mandatory?
- What additional home features are on my ‘Wish List’?
Step 3: Call me to set up an appointment at my office
- Bring the pre-approval letter with you.
- There is paperwork that must be filled out prior to viewing any homes.
- We will review your desired areas of preference.
- I will add you to the MLS Search Notification system, and input your detailed search criteria.
- We will review and narrow down the homes that you would like to see.
Step 4: We will determine a day(s) to view the homes and I’ll set up the appointments.
Step 5: We view the homes and critique each one before leaving.
NOTE: Bring a camera if you’d like…it helps remember each home’s features.
Step 6: We found the home. Let’s make an Offer!
- I’ll do a CMA on the home to help determine its value.
- We come up with a valid offering price and Earnest money amount.
- Uh Oh! More paperwork.
- You write a check for the Ernest money.
- I’ll present the offer to the Listing Agent.
- We wait.